Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Whip It!

Last night I went to see a free screening of the movie Whip It!, and it was way better than I expected. I thought it was going to be really cheesy, but I actually really liked it. It helps that it has a great cast of actresses that I love (Drew Barrymore, Ellen Page, Kristin Wiig, Alia Shawkat, and Juliette Lewis). Plus, it has Zoe Bell from Planet Terror (one of my favorite movies), and Eve. It also helps that roller derby is fucking cool. I've been wanting to see the Rat City Roller Girls forever, but I'm always broke as a joke whenever they're at Key Arena. Anyway, it was a total girly movie, but not a chick flick at all. There were plenty of XYs in the audience, and they were all laughing just as hard as us ladies. Also, Ellen Page and Alia Shawkat's characters really remind me a lot of me and some of my best friends, especially the part where Alia Shawkat blows in Ellen Page's face after she tells her that she smells. Aahh, memories of being the recipient of that...(damn you Chrissy, Deanna, Kiana, and Gina!). Well anyway, its a great movie and everyone should check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment